Explore the importance of distributed learning in providing structure.

This course is packed with activities and reading that strengthened my understanding of distributed learning, especially in comparison to open learning. In the digital equity and perspective pod project  we got to really indulge into this comparison, allowing us to really understand attributes from both sides. (Link to the pod project is below)

Pod Project

The Pod project really allowed me to breakdown the fundamentals of  distributed learning and understand its principle advantages and benefits it provides in the educational system. The case study in our pod project resulted in us choosing distributed learning as a better fit for “Christopher”, mainly because it provided more structure despite him still having freedom. Also with Christopher’s characteristics that made him less informed about privacy protection, distributed learning seemed to be a better fit. This specific information was reinforced by the first few reading from topic #1 which are visible on my topic post#1.(Link below)

Topic 1 Discussion

The chart diagram below is a resource that helped me conceptualise how broad distributed learning in.

After completing all these activities and readings I’ve not only been greatly enlightened on the importance of distributed learning but been made aware of how much I’ve personally been exposed to distributed learning myself. Learning all this about both open and distributed learning is aligned to my interests because as a Computer science major, I’m keen on further exploring the use of AI technology to improve distributed learning.

Gunjal, Atul. “Home.” IWORKTECH, www.iworktech.com/distributed-learning-a-new-framework-for-organizational-learning/.

Regan, P., & Jesse, J. (2019). Ethical challenges of edtech, big data and personalized learning: Twenty-first century student sorting and tracking. Ethics and Information Technology, 21(3), 167-179. DOI: 10.1007/s10676-018-9492-2